you're reading...

Remembering BASIC

10 IF NETSTATUS$=”24 hour permanent connection” THEN BLOGSTATUS$=”More often”
20 IF MONEYSTATUS$=”Less broke” THEN LIFE$=”Happier”
30 IF MIND$=”Less confused” THEN PLAN$=”Possible”
40 PRINT “I wish I knew more complex programming languages, but my computer education stopped early”
50 END

Advertisements

About Samit Basu

Writes books, comics, films, other stuff.

Discussion

11 thoughts on “Remembering BASIC

1. Holy God! Can this be? Can this so really be? Are you the Samit Basu I filled the name of as my fave writer in so many web forums? You blog?!! I don’t deserve to be called a fan. I didn’t know this. When do you plan to release Kirin’s continued quests?

Gasp!

visit me at livejournal.com/~vimoh

Will be happy!

Posted by VM | March 2, 2005, 12:16 pm
  2. Today, Shikha Roy will be proud of you and so will be Mr Nyss..

Posted by Arijit Mukherjee | March 2, 2005, 3:15 pm
  3. hi vm..
    am assuming youre not vinod mehta. am somewhat overwhelmed by your comment – had no idea i had any fans!

changra…
    im sure you remember that mr nyss’ full name was mr p. nyss. were you there on that memorable day when asif wrote the following computer program on nearly all the comps in the lab – 10 PRINT “My name is Mr. P. Nyss”, 20 goto 10 ?

Posted by samit | March 2, 2005, 3:53 pm
  4. Mama, Thanks for making my day. Reading your bhonderful intro brought bhaide shmile on my phashe aphter pritee louzhy day.

Posted by Tridib | March 2, 2005, 4:28 pm
  5. not quite, but I do remember how Sikha Roy used to call u up to the board for teaching us the basics in basic programming…u were the teacher’s pet then…watsay?

Posted by Arijit Mukherjee | March 2, 2005, 7:07 pm
  6. SB, dude, I think you need to end the fan-less, royalty-less, uncertain-what-to-do-next-and-already-burnt-out routine. You have more fans than most people can hope to have at your age. I’m one (even though I’m not Vinod Mehta) and I think you know there are quite a few others.

Posted by Jabberwock | March 3, 2005, 4:08 am
  7. Yes. For example, I am a fan, so quit yer whining!

Posted by newt! | March 3, 2005, 5:00 am
  8. all right, all right, sorry, sorry. i am loved and great and a millionaire. now give me an idea for another book.

chang…i was NOT shikha roys pet student. bugger off 🙂

Posted by samit | March 3, 2005, 5:04 am
  9. Am NOT Vinod Mehta. Am Vijayendra Mohanty. Am fan. There are plenty where I came from. Its like an unofficial club of four or five. We pass around ‘the book’ to as many as possible and convert them. Two in the last six months. Hope I brought light to your lousy life!

Posted by VM | March 3, 2005, 5:48 am
  10. excellent. sales!
    will go waving a printout of this to my publishers, and demand sacks of gold

Posted by samit | March 3, 2005, 6:01 am
  11. Am not very sure how they will take it. I bought one. Three read it. One wanted to but couldn’t find it free. Was gifted one by someone whoi had a crush on him. He liked the book. But the relationship didn’t work. Book still somewhere out there. Must get it back.

This thread getting too long. Blog again soon.

Posted by VM | March 3, 2005, 6:45 am